Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

My Perfect Life!

A friend and I went to lunch the other day.  Nothing fancy, just mostly so the kids could play and we could talk.  The thing is, when two young mothers of young kids get together, it is really easy to talk about the "hard stuff."  And we did.  I think anyone who has ever been there knows how exhausting and totally time consuming little kids can be.  We talked about the never ending messes, the seemingly unappreciated meals, the near impossibility of leaving the house to run an errand alone!  We talked about husbands who work so hard and seem to never be around, and the constant worry about money.  There are times when it seems like these days will never end (and there are times that I never want them to).  As I think about adding more children to our family, I can't help but feel overwhelmed at the thought of how to balance it all. 

But then  my friend said something profound (at least I thought it was).  She said that even through it all, she thought her life is perfect and she wouldn't want it any other way.   I had to consider that for a minute, but then I came to the same conclusion.  My life really is perfect.  Really.  I mean, no one has a problem free life, and we all have worries and headaches. But stop and think about it . . .


 
 
Pretty perfect huh!?! 
 I think it will always be hard.  There will probably always be things I can stress and worry about.  Every stage of motherhood will have new challenges to offer.  When my hubby is around more and money is no longer a worry, I will have teenagers who are never around and I'll worry about their driving.  There's always something, right? 
So I guess the moral of this story is to enjoy it now.  Besides, "If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...