Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Camping


 We went on our first camping trip of the summer.  There is a great little campground near our home that I grew up going to.  It takes only about 45 minutes to get there and it has become one of our "go to" places for a quick weekend trip.


Greyson looking at a bug

 Greyson and I took a walk, just the two of us, to a scenic look out. He found EVERY bug , dandelion, you name it.  It was so fun to feel his excitement for nature. 

 
 When Greyson and I got back to camp, Tyler wanted to go on the hike, so I returned to the lookout with the two of them. 
 Chad and Tyler spent nearly their entire time at the fire pit.  They wanted a fire from sun up to sun down. 
As a little girl, my dad would always make us "stick trails" when we were camping.  He'd take sticks, rocks, pine cones, or whatever else was lying around and use them to create a trail of arrows to lead us on a nature walk.  Sometimes, there would even be a surprise at the end.  







 I made one for the boys to follow. 
Then, Chad made a few of his own for the rest of us to follow.  It sure kept him busy for a bit.  It is fun to share with my children some of the activities that were part of my childhood.  
 And, of course, we did a bit of relaxing too.  Happy summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...