Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Run

I love these wonderful women that I get to run with.  This last weekend, the four of us ran another 5K.  Yes, I know we need to branch out beyond our simple 5K, but I think that will have to come after this pregnancy.  My goal is always to run the whole thing, and to beat my previous time.  I love talking to my brain, convincing it that I can and I will  make it to the top of this hill.  This was a great course, and since is sported some serious hills, I thought this quote was very fitting, because I really think running is a metaphor for life.  

"Most of us try to avoid hills, but what's so good about flat?  Think about it: flat hair, flat returns and-the ultimate- flatlining.  Life happens on the hills.  They're opportunities to prove to yourself that you're stronger than you ever imagined.  If you never attempt the ascent, you'll never know the thrill of swooshing down the other side."   

And I totally do feel like I'm stronger than I imagined when I complete an ascent. 






Oh, running!  How I love you!  And how I slowly feel you slipping from my grasp as you become more painful with each step of this pregnancy.  Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...