Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Driggs



Before Dave and I were even married, he and his family had a tradition of heading up to Driggs, Idaho each fall to stay in a family friend's cabin.  It is unbelievably beautiful up there this time of year, with the leaves changing color and fall settling in.  I had the chance of going just once, before the cabin became unavailable.  It has been 7 years since then, and we have been long overdue for a visit there.  Dave's parents came across a great deal for a set of cabins there, and so, we headed up for a long awaited, relaxing weekend.  I didn't even take any great pictures of our cabins, but I have plenty of pictures of my boys enjoying the surrounding wilderness.  With their cousins, they created a fort, which I admit, was pretty cool.  They put so much into it that they were pretty sad to leave it when it was time to go. 

 This was a table inside the fort. 
 Here's a view of the majority of the fort. 
 And the little pathway leading to it. 
 This might be the one picture of the inside of the cabin.  Greyson was cold that morning before we left and so he spend a few minutes inside playing the i pad.  We enjoyed a beautiful hike while were there, a game of glow in the dark bowling on our balcony, a campfire complete with smores (that was Tyler's favorite!) and lots of great cousin time.

 This was the view as we headed out of Driggs toward home.  What a beautiful place!!!
And one last pict. I had to put in-we took family pictures while were up there, and Dave was so kind to snap a few shots of me while I was behind the camera.  While I typically hate being in pictures, especially when I am pregnant, but I always feel I should at least try to document how gigantic my belly got, so here it is.  As it has since been two weeks since these pictures were taken, I'm sure it has grown several inches as I now have just under 3 weeks to go.  That feels frighteningly close, and yet SO far away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...