Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

I wish I could say we had stronger traditions surrounding Easter.  I have really fond memories of Easter as a child, and I want my children to remember it with as much fondness when they are older. 

This year, Chad hunted for eggs 4, yes four, times!  His cousin invited him to a friend egg hunt, he had one at the church, one at my moms and one at home.  Wow!  I really resisted doing anything here at our home, but it seemed so important to Chad because "we always have one" that I gave in and put together a small egg hunt. 

The one they enjoyed the most was at my parents.  And it is fun for me too because I don't have to do much work for it, and I get to just enjoy watching them search for eggs.  This one was with all the cousins on my side, which makes it extra fun for my boys.  Somehow, that's the only one I got any pictures of. 



Chad with his cousin, and best friend.  They have a unique bond and are virtually inseparable when we get together. 

This is what was left. 

We also had fun on the trampoline and Greyson . . .

ate as much of his candy as he could before we took it away.  After the egg hunting, we celebrated a few birthdays.  Greyson and cousin Carter both have birthdays this month, so we got to do a few presents.  Greyson didn't even know to expect this, but he was pretty darn excited about his train and his fire truck. 

Here he is showing it to grandpa. 

And with his new fire truck. 

We finished up with a little egg dying at our home.  Again, not a tradition that we do each year, but Chad might be changing that.  He is old enough now that he has certain expectations and he holds me to them.  I think each egg must have changed color at least 10 times. 
Aside from all the "egg" fun, we tried our best to celebrate the real reason for Easter.   Dave and I each had to speak or teach in church about Easter.  The quote that struck me most was one I shared with my Young Women.  It really makes the atonement personal for me. 

"You and I in a moment of weakness may cry out, 'No one understands.  No one knows'.  No human being, perhaps, knows.  But, the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He felt and bore our burdens before we ever did.  And because He paid the ultimate price and bore that burden, He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy in so many phases of our life.  He can reach out, touch, succor-literally run to us-and strengthen us."  -David A. Bednar
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...