Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween Continued

As a kid, I always loved Halloween.  I liked dressing up.  My parents both always dressed up, and my dad was always the one to take us door to door.  I have good memories of those days.  I loved to sort my candy at the end of the night and then I'd hoard it.  I never was much of a candy eater and I nearly always had last years candy bag under my bed when the next years Halloween came around.  Now as the mom, Halloween seems to be a lot of work.  Three costumes to make, kids to dress up (like 3 and 4 times for different parties), Halloween dinner to create.  It was fun, but I'm glad to be packing up those costumes for another year. 
Tyler wanted to be a ghost just so he could make the ghost sound.  He had to get into this costume 4 times.  He was a good sport, but I know he is glad to not have to have his face painted one more time. 

My little Skeleton.  We called him Mr. Bones. He honestly wouldn't even put on any costume more involved than this, so we went for something he didn't know was a costume. 

Chad was a great pirate.  That eye patch was always falling off, but he had a lot of fun with this one. 


 I love to create a Halloween dinner.  Each year has been different, but it is fun to look forward to this before heading out into the cold for trick-or-treating.  This year, we had  . . .
 Jack-O-Lantern cheese burgers,
 Pureed worm smoothie, and blood and bones (french fries and ketchup). 
Here's the whole clan.  I'm sorry the picture is so bad, but my camera was acting up.  I just gave up after this one.  In case you can't tell, Tyler was so bored, and Greyson had had it!  Dave dressed up like a pirate with Chad.  In years past, he has not been that excited to dress up, but this year, he was a good sport about it.  I didn't do much myself, as I spent most of my effort making sure everyone else had something to wear. 
Hope your Halloween was fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...