Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Vacation

Christmas vacation is upon us!  WOW!  That's hard to believe.  To me, it never really feels like Christmas until school lets out.  Sure, the decorations go up, and gifts start to appear under the tree, but life goes on in much the same manner as always.  When school gets out, it actually feels different. 

So, I got to thinking about Christmas vacation and the two weeks I'll have with my children without school to interrupt.  I think it's going to be like a mini summer break all over again.  This morning, the boys and I put together our "bucket list" of things we'd like to do over the break.  I always loved Christmas vacation, and I want my children to feel the same way.  I also want to avoid that common feeling of, "mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again."  So, here's our list . . .
 Chad had to cross out "play with Carter" because we did that yesterday.  And here . . .
is our start on "building all of the Lego's".  We've got a long way to go, but one pirate ship is DONE! (Heaven forbid Chad should smile-he has only spend like 3 days building this, but apparently, he didn't want to hold the boat for the picture.) 

We added a few more things to our list after I took the picture.  The boys also want to:
sleep down by the fire and Christmas tree
play with our new toys
 . . . and I'm sure there will be many more additions to our list. 
How are you going to fill your Christmas vacation? 

I hope you have a Merry and Wonderful Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...